Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Pearl In the Making


Thank You, Lord, for what you allow. 
Thank You for each grain of sand 
which wears away in me 
what is not of You. 
Thank You for purposing a pearl in me 
and promising Your presence and care as I grow.
Thank You for using me in the lives of those 
who make themselves my enemies or critics.  
I pray they would allow your loving purpose in their hearts as well.
Thank You for faith that can say, 
"It is well with my soul" regardless of what goes on around me.  
Thank You for being the lifter of my head 
that I might see beyond current struggles
and glimpse eternity
and hold onto You more surely, My Good Shepherd.  Amen.


4 comments:

Barbie said...

Beautiful, and blessed me so! Thank you!

HeartsHomeward said...

Thanks, Barbie! It makes me smile knowing that this blessed you. So special.

Paola Collazo said...

Amen!

HeartsHomeward said...

Thank you, Paola! I love that you are in the chorus of Amen on this.