Saturday, March 29, 2014

Running With A Bucket

Lord I crawled across the barrenness to you with my empty cup 

uncertain in asking any small drop of refreshment. 

If only I had known You better I’d have come running with a bucket. 
~ Nancy Spiegelberg


I encountered this quote this week on a comment left in response to a blogpost
about being stuck in the desert.  

I haven't been able to shake the goodness ever since.

Consider how we shortchange God by imagining ...
He is stingy
He is far
He is unsympathetic
He is disinterested
He is busy


When actually



He is   Lavish
He is nearerthan my next breath

He feels with us and came into humanity for each of us
He created the macro and microcosms and sustains it all

He has nothing but time and love.

                        Let’s come running with our buckets.



Photos courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net

6 comments:

Barbie said...

Thank you for sharing this powerful quote!

HeartsHomeward said...

Barbie,
I know! It just moved me so much I had to share it and reflect upon it and come to terms with the parts of me that come with an empty cup, just hoping -- like the woman who was content to brush his hem and walk away -- getting (stealing) a healing but not connecting with Him. But, He wasn't content with that. He wanted and wants the relationship and He has so much more to pour out than merely what we come begging to receive. I'm sitting in that truth and letting it sit in me.
Love you, Friend, ~ Patty

JViola79 said...

Love the quote! As I read, the thought went through my head for Him to fill us up so that we can splash onto others His joy & goodness. I am so glad I visited this morning from Still Saturday. Blessings!

Lisha Epperson said...

Love the quote and have to share this...so, so good. Thank you.

HeartsHomeward said...

Thank you, Lisha! I felt the exact same way. I read the comment which contained this quote and I cut and pasted the quote right onto my desktop. It speaks so well to the longing we all share and then I thought through the fears which can creep up and keep us from believing the Truth of His goodness and love. As Dallas Willard used to say, "Never believe a bad thing you hear about God." Sometimes those bad things are in our own hearts and minds and we don't even know it until a quote like this draws them up and out. Sheer goodness.

HeartsHomeward said...

I love that thought! Yes, we are filled to overflow with his splashes! I tried to find you on Still Saturday, but none of the names there match the name on your comment. Thank you for coming by and sharing your reflections on this quote.