Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Faith That Overcomes

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
~ Hebrews 1:1

Faith is a gift and it is by faith we are saved.  Oh, this mystery of faith! 


I will tell you my story of faith and maybe it will be a blessing as my road has not been straight and faith has not come easily nor consistently.  But, God works with broken believers and He takes us as we are, where we are.  

I was not born into a Christ-following family.  When I was around age five my parents told me that when I grew up I could pick my own religion and church.  They had not been given what they felt was ample opportunity to explore and claim their own faith, so they went this direction with me. 

I was a go-getter type at that age, so I wasted no time.  I started asking just about everyone in my acquaintance what religion they were and if I could go to church with them.  I attended all kinds of churches with friends of our family.  

{I'm guest posting at Butterfly Masterpiece today.  
Read the Rest of the Story here.}

No comments: